Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That

Caleb recovered from his terrible rash with no problems. Thank God.  That was the scariest thing we have had to deal with so far.  I am sure there will be many more times where I am hurting for my little boy, but I am glad the rash scare is over with.  We are still not quite sure what the cause was, which is pretty scary.  All I do know is that we will be staying away from any and all kinds of blueberry bars. 

Alex has been giving Caleb haircuts ever since he has needed one.  This seems like from the instant he was born:)  He takes after his mother with hair.  If you know Alex you know what I mean:)  Well, this weekend we decided that it was time to let the professionals handle it.  We took him to Cool Cuts, a haircut place designed just for kids.  I couldn't believe that a child's haircut would cost $18!!  That is more than I spend on my hair.  I am a Super Cuts kind of girl.  I really did like the woman who cut his hair, and it did turn out good.  This does not mean that I will continue to take him there, but it was a good thing to say we have done. 

He is so darn handsome!!

Caleb loves to get adjusted by his dad.  He gets so excited when Alex goes to get out his adjusting table.  Yes we have a portable adjusting table at home.  One of the perks of being married to a chiropractor, I can get adjusted anytime I need it.  Here is a video of Caleb getting adjusted.  He LOVES it and is such a good patient.
Pay attention to the sounds he makes.

This year our lovely state of Texas has changed the state assessment.  It has gone from TAKS to STAAR.  AHHHH.  The STAAR test is supposed to be much harder, and for my students it will be a big challenge.  I am not enjoying this part of teaching 4th grade.  Needless to say had to go up to school to do some planning.  This is what I came home to...

He was so tired he fell asleep in his wagon!

Look at his outfit....his pj's and cowboy boots, such a boy!

Next week, I get to find out if I am going to have a niece or nephew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited to find out, can you tell.  Congratulations Casey and Brian.

And while we are on congratulations, my very dear friend, Stacy, gave birth to her twin boys.  Welcome to the world Colt and Luke Doak!!!  You are already so loved by so many people.  

2 comments:

  1. Whoa - I can't believe what a great (and still) patient Caleb is. TOO CUTE!! Adorable pics, as always :) Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny!! He is so serious about being adjusted :)!
    So glad he's over his rash!! - Krissy

    ReplyDelete