Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break Has Come and Gone

Being off work is always so nice, but it always goes by so quickly.  This year I spent Spring Break spending time with our sweet 19 month old.  I wish summer would hurry up and get here.
The weekend before the break started both Alex and I had to go out of town.  My Aunt Mary came to stay with Caleb.  Alex left for a bachelor party Friday after work, and I left for a wedding in Houton Saturday morning. Congratulations Kristen and Kareem!!!  The wedding was beautiful and us girls had a blast!!!  Caleb was great for Aunt Mary.  They went to visit my other aunt, Linda, and her grandchildren.  I came home Sunday to a very happy, very well taken care of boy.  I am so thankful for such wonderful family, yet again, that travels to hlep when we are in need.

Caleb at Chick filet with his cousins

Eating a snack at Aunt Linda's house


Here is what we were up to the rest of the week:

Monday: Alex was off, so we went to the aquarium in Grapevine.  It was nice, but I think Caleb will enjoy it more in a couple of months.  It is still nice to provide these experiences for our son.  Not to mention he still gets into most things for free!!!  I will take complete advantage of that while I can.




Being a fish exlorer is a hard job!!


Tuesday: Alex was off again, which meant he could watch Caleb while I visited some friends.  My first stop was to see, Wendy, who just had a beautiful baby girl named, Shelby.  She was absoultely precious.  After I stopped by Wendy's house I came home for a bit then I was off to see Stacy.  Stacy is one of my closest friends who recently had twin boys.  Both boys are now home!!  I spent time with both Colt and Luke.  I was also able to play with Jack, Stacy's 2 year old son, for awhile.  Such a perfect family.  I can't even express how happy I am for them.  I hope to spend a lot more time with the Doak boys this summer.  While I was gone Alex and Caleb did the yard.  Caleb is such a great helper.
"Safety First"


Wednesday: Alex was back at work today so it was Mommy and Caleb time.  We were off to a slow start in the morning, which is fine by me.  Once we got going we went to a fabulous park in Coppell.  It was huge, and Caleb played and played until he was too hungry to play anymore.  After lunch and nap, we woke up and met Becky, Sandy, and their kids for a walk.  Great day!!

Peek A Boo Mommy

Caleb has recently become a pro at sliding on his own

A stop at Becky's after our walk.  They loved this tiny puddle of water on Becky's front porch:)


Thursday: Again we had a slow start, which I don't mind.  Today we were off to The Ark.  The Ark is a great indoor play place at a babtist church in Coppell.  If you haven't been, you should check it out.  Caleb is now able to do more while we are there.  We met his friend from school, Silive, there.  They always have fun together.  After lunch and nap, we headed to the Josey Lake to feed the ducks.  Sandy and Austin came along.  I really did not know what to expect, but the boys really loved every minitue of feeding the ducks.  We stopped by the park for some play time.  Caleb was such a good boy that day, I thought he deserved a treat, so we grabbed a Sonic milkshake before heading home.

Climbing way up high!!!



Love these two boys!! 

Great end to a great day


Friday:  Today has been a very chill day.  Caleb and I woke up at 10am and took it pretty easy.  We headed out for a long walk and stop by the park.  We have a showing today at 5pm....keep your fingers crossed. 
Twisty slide....wheeeee


I love making memories with my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment