Saturday, December 31, 2011

Finally....

Finally I am updated our blog. I knew this would happen.....I have fallen VERY behind in keeping our blog updated.  We have been extremely busy.  Beginning with Thanksgiving, our family has only been in town 1 weekend.  We finally have another weekend at home which means I have some time to update. 

The holidays were so busy for us.  For Thanksgiving we went to Corpus Christi to spend it with Alex's family.  His Grandma and Grandpa have been hosting Thanksgiving for 61 years and everyone of them has been in the same house!!!  There are usually 60+ people at their house.  This year was on the smaller side with about 40:) 
 Thanks Stacy for the shirt idea..I stole it from you:)

 Caleb and Papa


Caleb and Kiki

After Thanksgiving we got ready for Christmas.  It started with Henninger Christmas at my dad's house in Dripping Springs December 10th.  We played white elephant, ate, and all the kids opened gifts.  It's always a blast.  The next weekend December 17th we were back in Austin because my sister in law, Alyssa, graduated college. Yay, congrats Alyssa.  Since that started my 2 weeks off of work Caleb and I stayed in Austin.  Alex met us back in Austin on Thursday.  Friday December 23rd we had Jones' Christmas (my mom's family).  On Christmas Eve we went to Alex's parents house for the day.  That night we spent the night with my mom and woke up Christmas morning to tons of Santa gifts for Caleb.  We went to Christmas lunch with my Mimi, then off to my dad's for the night.  All in all that was 4 Christmases for Caleb.  Let's just say he got everything he wanted.....and more.


Caleb and Santa


 
Henninger Christmas

An attempt at a cousin picture...it was very hard to have all 4 cooperate

 Roasting marshmallows with Aunt Lyss

 Aunt Casey (he still calls her Caca)

 Papa and Caleb sitting at his new table...thanks Papa and Sharon

Caleb is now 17 months old!!  Wow, how and when did this happen?  He is becoming a little boy.  I can't believe what he can do. Here is the low down of Caleb at 17 months.....

Repeating everything...including but not limited to the entire alphabet
Beginning to put words together and make phrases "Rider/Lilly outside"
Calling me "mommy" not "mama" which I think is so darn cute
I am beginning to see signs of throwing small fits (this is not fun)
Recognizes all family members in photos and says their names
Loves to color and put stickers on paper
Has an entire mouthful of teeth
Knows all animal names and sounds
 Caleb finding all his farm animals


Caleb got his first "report card" from the first half of the school year.  They say he knows a lot but something I thought was hilarious was it said that he need to work on following instructions!!  What1 17 month old can follow instructions??  I guess we have some work to do. 

Caleb's first semester report card:)  Notice the last note!!

There is no new news on our house.  We have had one interested buyer  but nothing has come out of that yet.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.  We are fixing to list in as for sale by owner so that we can drop our price significantly. 

I go back to work Monday, which is very depressing.  I wish I could stay at home with my little man.  It will be a very hard adjustment for both of us I am sure.  I just keep telling myself that one day I will be able to stay at home with my kids.  For now, I have to work and that is just the way it is. 

One of my new year's resolutions is to not ever go this long without blogging again:)

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment